Weight Loss The 8 Safe And Easy Way
Article by Charles Zoe
Current statistics reveal that 75% of Americans are overweight and 40% are obese. Think you have to do something really radical and punishing to lose weight and keep it off? Just the opposite is true! It’s actually the small, simple changes you make that have the most dramatic and lasting results. With weight loss comes a lot of dedication and change of lifestyle. We can start with exercise, which is vital to all weight loss programs. A healthy body is the result of proper nutrition combined with a regular pattern of physical exercise.
1. Eat six times a day: A slow metabolic rate cannot burn the fats stored in your body fast. Increase your metabolism by applying a trick for eating. Eat small meals six times a day instead of taking three heavy meals.
2. The next step in that can help you is to add proper nutrition to your weight loss management plan. You need to understand what your body needs and how to consume the proper amounts of Carbohydrates, Fats and Proteins, which are the primary sources of energy to the body. They supply the fuel necessary for body heat and work. This is essential to fast weight loss. Therefore, foods that are high in energy value are high in calories, while foods that are low in energy value are low calories. Fats yield about 9 calories per gram; carbohydrates and protein yield about 4 calories per gram.
3. Fish for health. Instead of a 6-ounce steak (550 calories), enjoy tuna (250-300 calories) or salmon (350 calories). If you eat fish instead of red meat four times a week, you’ll save 200-300 calories each time, or up to 1,200 calories a week. Besides being lower in fat, seafood is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which lower cholesterol and reduce risk for heart disease. Choose grilled, broiled or steamed fish and avoid fried or blackened versions, which pack in extra fat.
4. Skip the desserts: We all love celebrating birthdays and occasions with scrumptious desserts. In that case, stick only to the occasion. Avoid binging on desserts for the sheer temptation! This will help you indulge in an occasional dessert without really feeling guilty!
5. Drink up. Have a glass of water with lunch or dinner every other day instead of a soda or an alcoholic drink and you can lose 7-15 pounds a year. To stay full, eat plenty of foods high in water, including fresh fruits, vegetables and healthful (lowfat, low-sodium) soups. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
6. And lighten up by switching to diet soda or light beer, or by adding a spritz of seltzer to your wine. Hate low-cal drinks? Try mixing your favorite beverages with a splash of a low-cal option, then increase the ratio as your taste buds adjust.
7. An ideal weight loss program may include many different forms of the following exercises. Calisthenics consist of light exercises including sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, which promote emphasis of building skeletal muscles. Dancing or rhythmic exercise is often an enjoyable way to exercise and lose weight, by toning the body. Isometrics involves the pressure of a muscle or group of muscles against each other or an immoveable object. It is good for spot reducing because it can be applied to a target area. Stretching is a natural exercise that should be practiced on a regular basis, and is a good habit to develop. It can improve energy and endurance, stimulate circulation, and alleviate stiffness. Walking is one of the best overall weight loss exercises, which help the entire system function better.
8. Get enough sleep: Most people need about 8 hours per night. If you’re not allowing your body to recuperate each night you have very little chance of successfully losing body fat quickly and safely.
About the Author
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on natural weight loss, how to lose weight quickly.