Weight Loss – 10 Essential Methods That Can Make Or Break Your Diet
Article by Doug Smith
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, at least once you’ve probably had it come back in full force (and worse yet, gained more). Did you go too hard and get burnt out, or just fail to put the right plan into action? Weight loss is all about fundamentals, and setting a series of small goals and daily reminders that you either enjoy or hardly notice is the way to do it. Here are 10 powerful ways to make sure you not only lose weight, but manage to keep it off, without turning your life upside down:
1. Cut down on sugar. If you’re going to eat something sugary, do it in the morning. Sugar triggers an insulin response which causes your body to store fat. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Diet sodas and tea/water are key here.
2. Drink green tea. Not only does green tea increase your metabolism and gently boost energy, but it works to decrease your appetite. For a few dollars per week you can see big results in weight loss
3. Make breakfast your biggest meal. Not only will you burn off the calories through the day and stay focused, but eating in the morning will kickstart your body’s natural calorie burn.
4. Eat less “white” or processed foods. This includes white sugar, white bread, white rice, or any other white grain. They’re usually bleached and contain little to no fiber
5. Increase fiber. It’s available in fibrous veggies and cereals – Fiber will not only regulate digestion, but it’s amazing at keeping you feeling full
6. Don’t keep terrible, high calorie foods in your house. Out of sight out of mind. If you don’t have it available 10 feet away, you won’t eat it. Even the most strongly willed will be tempted by ice cream in the freezer
7. Do some light exercise every day, no matter how little or hard you go. 15 minutes of brisk walking or one set of crunches and lunges will help your muscles at least remember they exist!
8. Spread your meals into 5 smaller meals instead of 3 big ones. This will keep your digestive system busy which raises metabolism and burns more calories as you rest. It’ll also curve food cravings
9. Drink plenty of water, when you’re not drinking green tea. Cold water boosts metabolism (you body needs to warm your insides back up), thus burning calories. Water before a smaller portioned meal will also keep you feeling full
10. Low-carb diets are dangerous and ineffective, but you should keep your dinners minimal on carbs. One small serving of fibrous veggies such as broccoli or beans is perfect, but nothing more. High protein dinners will fill you up and preserve your natural muscle mass as you sleep
About the Author
For dozens more tips, reviews, and recommendations, as well as success stories, visit how to lose thigh fat Summer is just around the corner, don’t wait another minute to jumpstart and empower your diet plans.
For other resources on losing the weight, visit lose thigh fat