Top 10 Yoga DVDs of all time
Article by Karan Khalsa
Yoga is the way to relax the body, mind and soul. It helps to relieve the stress and soothe the mind with its healing power. Yoga enhances the restraint power in human mind and body with which one can easily combat all the tensions and worries of the modern life style. Here music plays a very important role as adding some music into yoga practices can do the magical trick. Yoga music with its calm and serene sounds fills up the air with pristine tranquility ensuring better result.
Play the favorite Meditation music while doing Yoga or meditation and experience the difference. It can be spiritual music, instrumental tunes or holy chants that build the different forms of Yoga music. Spirit Voyage.com, offers you the list of top 10 Yoga DVDs of all time.
1. Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rea-A great gift from the internationally praised Yoga instructor Shiva Rea for the Yoga practitioners. It is an instructional yoga video exploring Movement Meditation, Prana Yoga, Kriyas & Namaskars, Cooling Down and Closing Meditation. Filmed on the serene lands of India and Maldives, it is the most favorite DVD for its awesome soundtrack of traditional Indian music and contemporary tunes.
2. Kundalini Yoga by Gurmukh-This DVD delivers superb instruction on Kundalini Yoga, the ancient practice of awakening the spiritual sense lying within, by the renowned Yoga instructor Gurmukh. This DVD has energizing series of exercises for awakening the spirit or breath in the beginning and meditative relaxation exercises at the end. Aerobics exercises are also included to compliment Yoga.
3. Ashtanga Yoga the practice 2nd & 3rd Series by David Swenson-It is for those who are already skilled in the First series by David Swenson, the renowned Yoga teacher. But without taking proper guidance from a Yoga instructor, this DVD should not be used as the self-help tool of learning. These 2 series have a complete finishing sequence following the First one and the way of pure meditative deep relaxation.
4. Ashtanga Yoga Beginners Practice by Nicki Doane-This DVD is truly made for the Ashtanga Yoga beginners. This introductory series offers admirable presentation of standing postures by famous Yoga instructor Nicki Doane. The vigorous postures of Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar, clear instructions on breathing techniques and yoga poses make it one of the most favorite Yoga DVDs of all time.
5. Fluid Power Vinyasa Yoga by Shiva Rea-Another superb Yoga DVD from the inspiring Yoga instructor Shiva Rea. This is a brilliant introduction to Vinyasa Yoga or Flow yoga, one of the most helpful and appreciated form of yoga. Her original style of ‘Yoga Matrix’ will be helpful for customized yoga practicing. This high definition DVD has been filmed at White Sands National Park.
6. AM PM Yoga with Rodney Yee-A simple and concise introduction to gentle and energizing workout by internationally acclaimed Yoga teacher Rodney Yee for the beginners. From sunrise to sunset combat daily stresses of life with this Yoga DVD.
7. Kundalini Yoga for Balanced Chakras by Guru Tej-Stimulate the crucial chakras of your body’s energy centers by practicing Kundalini Yoga with this DVD. It is a vigorous and dynamic class to learn sixteen asanas with famous instructor, Gurutej Kaur. The pure spiritual chants and moving exercises will help you to energize the Kundalini power flowing evenly in the whole body.
8. Ashtanga Yoga the Primary Series with Richard Freeman-Richard Freeman, the eminent yoga instructor, will teach you the primary poses of Ashtanga Yoga in this series suitable for practitioners of all levels. The Ashatanga styles and postures harmonized with breathing techniques is demonstrated by this famous teacher. This DVD can be termed as the foundation for Ashtanga practice.
9. Awakening Intuition for Women with Kundalini Yoga by Guru Tej-Guru Tej Kaur teaches all women the Kundalini yoga techniques to redefine the power of intuitive living by yogi bhajans. You can acquire the knowledge and strength by practicing the yoga poses demonstrated in this DVD.
10. An Introduction to Kundalini Yoga and Chanting with Mantra Girl-Filmed in the serene lands of Malibu and California, this comprehensive Kundalini yoga class video by Mantra Girl is the best option for all beginners. It helps to increase the strength and flexibility of your body. The meditation music from her own album will help to stay relaxed and more focussed.
The undeniable magical combination of yoga and music is once again established by Spirit Voyage by its huge collection of yoga music CDs and DVDs. Music and songs by famous singers like Snatam Kaur, Deva Premal, Wah!, Donna De Lory and Gurmukh purify the soul with divine peace.
About the Author
The author writes for Spirit Voyage which is engaged in offering various kinds of yoga music and meditation music. The company offers different CDs and DVDs for practicing kundalini Yoga and other yoga forms.