Mind Power: Achieve Happiness With Positive Thinking Tips
Article by Joel Chue
Being a negative thinker is very unhealthy as it lowers your self-esteem and bad for your morale. It drains your energy rapidly and causes you to lose focus. To stop being a negative thinker, you have to change your thoughts pattern.
1. The first tip to being positive is to look after your body and mind. To ensure that you are in a good shape, eat well, exercise regularly, sleep well and spend time with your family. A relaxed and healthy body is a natural attractant for positive energy.
2. Reject and delete any negative thoughts that flashed through your mind. Researchers found out that an average person has about 60 000 thoughts being flashed through his mind on a single day. Why should anyone cling onto a negative thought? Make a conscious decision, and do your best to rid of any negative thoughts.
3. Hug your loved ones. By hugging, it increases your self-esteem. It makes you feel comfortable and loved. Move past a cold and sturdy handshake, and hug someone you really love and care for.
4. Make sure that you surround yourself with happy, cheerful people. Avoid friends who think poorly of themselves. This way your mind will always pick up positive vibes.
5. On a piece of paper, write down all the things that you are happy and grateful for. They can be your friends, your colleagues and your family. After you are done with the writing, paste the list somewhere it is conspicuous so that you can see it everyday. This will remind you of all the things you are grateful for and not take the things you have now for granted. Most importantly, it keeps you happy too.
6. When met with arduous problems, be optimistic and say statements like “I can do this”. Avoid any kind and form of negative statements as they can lower your self-confidence.
7. Be your own man. Don’t be afraid to speak up. You will never gain in confidence if you constantly worry as to what the others will think of you. In fact, by staying quiet you may give wrong ideas to others about your skills, knowledge, abilities, etc.
8. Don’t assume negative things. You should not tie yourself in knots if you are told that your boss wants to meet you. For all you know, your boss may have called you to express his appreciation for something you did.
9. Extend a helping hand to those in need. You can read a story to your neighbor’s mother who is crippled and can’t move; or you may go out and trim the garden of an orphanage on a weekend you are free. You will find that these small gestures have a wonderful way of generating positive energy. They make you feel warm, energetic and wanted.
10. There may be times when you find it impossible to get rid of negative thoughts. In such situations you should go out of your house for a walk or a jog. You can even go to the gym and do some light exercises. Such activity takes your mind off the negative thoughts.
If you follow these steps, you will find that your mind starts rejecting negative thoughts on its own.
About the Author
Discover the secret behind the Mind Power and Law of AttractionI have just completed my brand new report to the subconscious mind, Mind Power Hacks
Download it free here:
Power of your Subconscious Mind