Knowing The Difference Between Pilates And Yoga Is Important When Purchasing A Pilates DVD
Article by Thomon Wardle
Copyright (c) 2011 Thomon Wardle
veBefore you buy a pilates DVD, you need know the difference between pilates and yoga. Pilates is quite different from yoga, but it can produce some great results. Here we explore the differences between Pilates and Yoga so that you can see the difference and make the right decision.
– Yoga Is considered a more spiritual workout while Pilates is considered more of a physical activity. They both share the same origins and both of them work on developing your muscles.
– Yoga originated from an ancient period in the Northern Part of India. It has a history of five thousand years. There have been numerous studies about it. Pilates, on the other hand, was created eighty-five years ago. Joseph Pilates, a well known German athlete, created the exercises.
– The Pilates Method was originally inspired by yoga poses. The Pilates Method is considered more complicated than yoga. Pilates works on conditioning and strengthening your entire body. Body work is considered the primary goal. yoga is more considered a way of life. When practicing yoga you need to focus on meditation, relaxation, breathing skills and even a healthy diet. Find a Pilates DVD that will be able to explain all of the exercises to you properly.
– Pilates main goal is to help you develop core strength and help you lengthen your spine. The forms of exercises that is pilates actually help strengthen your posture as it should be. Once you exercise Pilates for a time, you will notice your posture improving.
– While both yoga and Pilates focus on concentration and breathing, there is a big difference between them. The difference is that Yoga focuses on breathing in a deeper, more spiritual level. Pilates helps you learn how to inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. Yoga teaches that you need to inhale and exhale through your nose. Try to see which one you can perform easier. Pick the type of breathing you will feel comfortable with.
– When practicing yoga, you will need a lot of additional props. These props can include straps, blankets, blocks, balls and other props. Pilates requires nothing more than your mat. When purchasing your Pilates DVD this will help keep all of your expenses as low as possible.
– There are many different styles of yoga. You will find there are four main types of yoga, and each teacher teaches the methods extremely differently. Pilates focuses on just working on the mat. There might be an occasional exercise where Pilates machines are used, but this is extremely rare.
When deciding if you should purchase a Pilates DVD or not keep the following information in mind. Purchasing an exercise DVD for Pilates always seems the easiest option for beginners. Once you have a hang of Pilates you can then move onto yoga or do them together. Just make sure that you purchase the perfect Pilates DVD for your at-home classes!
About the Author
Thomon Wardle is an experienced practitioner of the pilates exercises. His range of pilates DVDs are available on his site http://www.getfitwithpilates.com where you can also download a free eBook worth £9.95
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.