Great Holiday Gifts for Grandma – The Holiday Shopping Guide for Boomers and Seniors
Article by Susan Levine
Holiday shopping for your parents or grandparents doesn’t have to be stressful! In my quest to deliver the best of the net to adults 50 years old and better, I’ve come across great holiday gifts for the boomers and seniors in your family! From the latest in non-stick baking and interactive gaming to gift ideas that protect, serve and pamper, I can help you find holiday gifts that are sure to bring comfort and joy to the special boomers and seniors in your life!
1. Software for her computer. She might enjoy a great game or two. Bridge, anyone? I recommend Bridge Baron . But make sure the program your choose is compatible with her PC or Mac.
2. Paper shredder. This practical and relatively inexpensive gift will help protect her from identity theft by ensuring that all of her important documents (credit card numbers, signatures, bank information) are disposed of safely.
3. Fun and fitness on the Nintendo Wii. Play tennis, baseball, golf, bowling and boxing on this unique interactive gaming system. The Wii Fit offers ageless fun and entertainment including lessons on yoga, balance, and strength. Plus, it’s great for when the grandkids and great-grandkids come over.
4. Over-the-bed table on casters. Mom can comfortably have her morning coffee and newspaper (or crossword puzzle) in bed.
5. A funky new tote. Use it for shopping and do your part to save the earth by sparing plastic bags. I’ve found some fashionable handmade bags on Etsy.com .
6.Donation to a charity in her honor. JustGive.org provides an easy and secure way to support your favorite charities during the holidays.
7. Baker’s Edge brownie pan. The Baker’s Edge nonstick baking pan adds two extra crunchy (not burnt or gooey) edges to each serving. And it’s a really cool gift if you want mom to make YOU brownies!
8. Swivel seats for the car. With a turntable base, this lightweight and portable seat makes getting into and out of the car easier and helps prevent any unnecessary straining of the back and hips.
9. Towel warmers. What could be better after a hot shower than a toasty towel awaiting you?
10. Floor standing magnifier lamp. When vision isn’t what it used to be, you can “see” your puzzles, books, and needlework effortlessly.
About the Author
Susan Levine is a boomer web entrepreneur and founder of www.50somethinginfo.com, a human-powered vertical search engine dedicated to delivering the best of the net to adults (both men and women) 50 years old and better. Discover more great Boomer sites and tips for senior living at http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/