Feeling Week And Tired? – Follow These 7 Steps To Get Energy Back!
Article by Mona Kristin Jensen
“Happiness gives us the energy which is the basis of health.” Henri-Frédéric Amiel
Feeling week and tired?How wonderful it would be to have the same energy you had as a child. Energy to do all the things you want to do in life and not feeling weak and tired all the time.
Do you collapse on the sofa or in front of the TV as soon as you are home from work? I bet many recognize this situation. When you go to bed in the evening you think about all you should have done today that you didn’t have energy to do. And you decide that you will do it tomorrow. You make plans about working in the garden. Your car needs to be washed and the house is a mess. You have friends and family you have not visited or called for long. You have plans to start jogging or go to the gym to work out but you are feeling so week and tired. You tell yourself that you’ll do it tomorrow. And tomorrow comes but you feel even more tired and frustrated. And the more you procrastinate the more you need to do later. You get to a point where you simply resign and end up in front of the TV or on the sofa. The result is feelings of guilt and lack of self-worth, something that makes you feel even worse. You are trapped in a “bad circle” and you may need help to get out of it.
Millions of people suffer from a lack of energy!Millions of people suffer from a lack of energy for a variety of reasons. I read in an article that 50% of adults who seek medical treatment complain of feeling tired all the time, and most of them are women. Work, home, family, friends, house and a lot of other things/tasks take all your time and you come to a point where you can’t handle it any longer, in the worst cases you may end up with a depression.
Feeling weak and tired is not normal and a sign that your body is out of balance.The human body is perfectly capable of functioning problem free as long as inborn balancing mechanisms are allowed to function undisturbed.
Follow these 7 steps on how to get energy back.
1. Think positive!Negative focus and thinking takes all your energy away. Try to focus on the positive things in your life – we all have something to be grateful for. Sit down and think about how you want your life to be – make some goals. It may be a trip, going to the hairdresser, taking massage or anything that you really like but you feel you can’t do because you have too much work to do. Learn to say no. Put yourself first – if you are too tired to take care of yourself how can you manage to take care of others?
2. Breath!Reduce your stress level. Stress breaks down the immune system as well as all of the major organs. Stress is TOXIC to our bodies. Notice your breathing when you feel anxious and stressed. It’s high up in your chest, and it’s shallow and rapid and it takes your energy away.
Take some minutes during your day to do breathing exercises. 15 minutes of deep breathing would give you a lot of energy. The best is to be outside in clean air. Proper breathing has profound effects on our health. Over 70% of waste by-products are eliminated through our breathing and our skin. When our blood is heavily oxygenated it becomes very difficult for viruses and bacteria to grow in our body. I recommend that you start doing some powerful yoga breathing techniques.
3. Do You Need To change Your Diet?Eat more raw unprocessed organic food like vegetables and fruits. Use whole grains as they are high in natural fiber, nutrients and enzymes. Avoid eating late at night. If you find it hard to eat enough raw vegetables and fruits you can use “green supplements ” in addition. These supplements are super nutrition and can give you energy and wellness fast.
4. Eat little and often.Overeating is very stressful on our digestion system. Try focusing on enjoying lighter, smaller meals. Most people eat too much food, too fast. Foods are not properly broken down and lodge in the lower intestines and the result is that vital nutrients are not absorbed.
5. Drink water.Water makes up 65% to 75% of the human body. Water cleanses the inside of the body as well as the outside. Make sure you drink high quality water. Unfortunately most tap water in many parts of the world today carries some level of pollutants and is not as safe to drink as it once was. You should consider investing in a quality water filter for drinking and cooking water as it may contain chlorine, heavy metals, benzene, lead, mercury and bacteria. I also recommend that you test the pH of your water. If the pH is too low (acidic) you can make it more alkaline by adding squeezed lemon or “pH drops” to it.
Drink high quality organic green tea as it is great for detoxifying and also has a lot of other health benefits.
Make your own juice using organic fruits and vegetables. An orange, grapefruit and lime combination makes a great detoxifying juice. Also beets and carrots are great to detoxify but be careful with these if you have problems with Candida as they are high in sugars.
6. Don’t sit still!Exercise strengthens our entire bodies. It stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic system, building muscles, nerves, blood, glands, lungs, heart, brain, mind and mood.
7. Do you get enough sleep?The human body uses sleep to repair, rebuild and restore itself. In essence, our bodies use the sleeping hours to cleanse and detoxify, and to build strength and immunity.
No more feeling week and tired?! Now that we all know the basics on how to get energy back we need to apply the right choices to our everyday life. This information, once you apply it, can be a huge help in keeping you on a healthy path in life, a necessity to keep your energy level on top.
Take small steps and you will not find it very hard.
Make to-do lists and set goals that are reachable – start taking care of YOU!
Be yourself and be happy – never stop dreaming! Kristin
Other articles that you may want to read:
12 Tips on healthy living
Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
About the Author
Mona Kristin Jensen is the owner of Happy Natural Life. She wants her Web page to be a place where you can find inspiration,information and Eco-friendly products to live a happier and healthier lifestyle, more in harmony with yourself and Mother Nature. Her motto is “Be Yourself and Be Happy” – Never Stop Dreaming!