Fast Weight loss
Article by KODM
The Basic Principle to losing weight
If you’re tired of trying all the crazy fad diets and failing then please keep reading. There is so much misinformation online about how to lose weight, and companies getting rich off of your bad decisions.
First off there is no magic pill or superfood that is going to make you lose weight. It simply comes down to eating in smaller portions, and getting exercise. If you do this you will be in a caloric deficit and you will BURN more calories than you consume. Here is how you figure out how many calories to consume.
Consume: 2000 Burn: 2200 Net Gain= -200=Weight loss!
Consume: 2000 Burn: 1800 Net gain= +200 Weight gain!
That’s it, you just have to burn more calories than you consume. I know this sounds hard when looking at the numbers thinking how am I going to burn 2200 calories a day when the Stairmaster only burns 300 in a half hour?! Your body burns plenty of calories just for daily functions like rebuilding muscles, breathing, and even sleeping. Every action your body does (whether you see the action or not) will burn energy, since your body cannot just magically rebuild itself. We calculate this energy expenditure by Basal Metabolic Rate (or simply BMR).
Basal Metabolic Rate Formula:
Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) – ( 4.7 x age in years )Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) – ( 6.8 x age in year )
This is a calculation of how many calories your body uses just to maintain itself under sedentary circumstances. Let’s do one example…
Sex: Female Weight: 160lbs Height: 5’4″ (60 inches) Age: 27
BMR= 655 + (4.35 x 160) + (4.7 x 60) – (4.7 x 27)
BMR= 655 + (696) + (282) – (126.9)
There are also BMR calculators all over the internet if you don’t feel like doing the math.
Once you have your BMR we can then use that to plug into another equation, which uses your activity level to determine how many calories you need to MAINTAIN body weight. This equation is called the Harris-Benedict formula. This may sound overwhelming, but it is pretty simple just follow along.
* If you are sedentary (little or no exercise): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2 * If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375 * If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55 * If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725 * If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
So let’s say we are moderately active so take our BMR of 1500(rounding is fine) and multiply by 1.55
1,500 x 1.55= 2,325
Now we have the number of calories your body needs to MAINTAIN body weight. So if you want to lose weight -500 calories MAXIMUM from that number to figure the amount of calories you should consume to lose weight.
There you have it. The basic guideline for losing weight, now if you want to know more about effective weight loss visit us at Click here for more weight loss tips!
About the Author
Owner/writer for http://www.diet-myths.com
- Yoga Poses for Energy : Yoga Downward Dog Leg Lifts for Energy
- Silver Age Yoga
- ONLINE YOGA MEDITATION SESSION -1 GURU SIYAG SIDDHA YOGA MEDITATION KUNDALINI YOGA FOR BEGINNERS
- Yoga For Beginners Basics
- Yoga: Surya Namaskar – “Salute to the Sun”