E-mail Marketing Strategies to Drive Traffic to Your Yoga Website
Article by Mikel Bruce
E-mail marketing is probably one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to stay in touch with your prospective students on a regular basis. There is a statistic in marketing, which states that it takes on average of at least seven contacts to convert a prospect into a client and most people stop at two.
The first step is to build your email database and the easiest and quickest way to do this is to get email addresses from everyone & anyone that you meet. It is important to tell people what you do and to let them know that you have a great educational and promotional yoga newsletter and that you would love send it via email to them. Most people will be more than happy to give you their email address if you present it to them in this fashion. Be sure to get their business card immediately and to add their name to your database as soon as possible. Make a goal to add a certain amount of emails to your database on a monthly basis. A good number to shoot for could be approximately 50-100 per month through manual collections. Don’t worry if they are potential yoga students or not, because on one hand you never know and on the other they could forward the email to others that could be interested.
Another great way to build your email database is by adding an email opt-in form to your website so you can capture email addresses when people visit your website. Many yoga teachers/studios already spend significant time, energy and money driving traffic to their websites and one of the very best ways to capitalize on that traffic is to capture their email addresses through an opt-in form. The nice thing about this process is that it is completely automated and you will be building your email list without doing a thing.
Instead of just offering your visitors the chance to sign up for your newsletter through your opt-in form, up the stakes and offer some type of free giveaway such as an e-book or discounts to classes in exchange for them giving you their email address. You should find that your sign up rate will increase significantly by offering a free-bee incentive. Most of the free offers can be tied through an auto-responder which will once again eliminate the need for your involvement in the process. In order to receive more information regarding email opt-in forms and auto responders, inquire with your web designer.
Once you initiate your email marketing campaign, you should begin to use your email newsletter and/or email marketing campaigns to drive traffic back to your website. Here are some ideas of how to take full advantage of your campaigns and to increase your website traffic in the process:
* Send out e-newsletters on a consistent basis. Many people will not open the newsletters and/or click onto your site until they see it numerous times.
* Spend some time in coming up with interesting subjects for your email newsletters that will encourage the reader to open the email. If they don’t open the email they will never have the chance to click onto the website. Be sure to check your open rates after you send an email blast. If you are below 5% you have a problem with the subject.
* Include in your e-newsletter; incentives, contests, coupons, discounts, specials and promotions and be sure to add links to the specific pages that contain these offers.
* Use student testimonials/success stories in your e-newsletters in order to build credibility. More people are apt to click onto your website if they trust you.
* Initiate an auto-responder drip campaign touching your prospects on a regular basis. Remember, it takes seven or more contacts to convert a prospective student into a paying student.
* Include at least one educational article in each e-newsletter. Add just a few sentences as well as the title to the article as a way of whetting their appetite and then add a link to your website for them to read the remainder of the article.
It all begins with a quality website and then everything builds from there. Mikel Bruce with WebFlexor Yoga Websites (www.websitesforyoga.com) recommends investing the time into your website since it is the first thing that many of your prospective yoga students will see. You should find that over time as you build your email database your business will spike with each send.
About the Author
Mikel Bruce, WebFlexor Yoga, www.websitesforyoga.com, 888.282.7818