9 Weight Loss Information and Diet Tips
Article by Charles Zoe
Your body uses food for energy. It stores any excess energy as fat. This means if you eat more food than your body needs for daily activities and cell maintenance, you’ll gain weight. If you switch to healthy eating from a diet that’s heavy on junk food and sweetened foods, then you’ll probably find that you lose weight naturally over a period of months. Be patient – a weight loss of one to two pounds a week is more likely to stay off.
1. Small changes can make a big difference. One extra biscuit a week can lead you to gain 5lb a year – cut that biscuit out of your diet and you’ll lose the same amount. You’re also more likely to stick to, say, swapping full-fat milk for semi-skimmed or making time for breakfast each morning than a diet that sets rules for all foods.
2. Eating fish, nuts, and even seeds, routinely throughout the week will provide you with needed healthy fat and calories. Because red meat has a high saturated fat content, meals of this type would best be limited to one or two times a week.
3. While most diets produce quick weight loss at the outset, they often cause your metabolism to slow. The result is that you have to eat less and less to keep losing weight. You quickly become discouraged, give up, and start eating like you used to. But now, with a slower metabolism, you regain all the weight you lost, and more.
4. Put the frying pan away. Steam, boil, bake, broil, grill – choose fat-free cooking methods every time. Remove visible fat from foods, pick lean cuts of meat (and serve red meat no more than twice a week), pre-fry ground/minced meat in a dry pan and pat with kitchen paper to soak up fat.
5. No matter if you hate gyms – even light exercise, such as a short 20 minute walk, will be beneficial if done most days of the week. Get out and about at the weekend. Leave your car on the drive and walk to the shops. Try to incorporate longer walks into outings to the park, coast or countryside and take a picnic, so you’re in control of what you are going to eat that day.
6. Olive oil is a healthy diet choice because this monounsaturated fat will add calories to your diet, and help keep your cardiovascular system in good shape. For healthy salad dressings and mayonnaise, choose those made with canola or safflower oil. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
7. It is important to understand what happens when you skip a meal or go on a crash diet. When you skip a meal your metabolism slows to conserve your energy. And when you lose weight too quickly for a few days, your body thinks it is threatened with starvation and goes into survival mode. It fights to conserve your fat stores, and any weight loss comes mostly from water and muscle.
8. Cut down on alcohol, or cut it out completely. It’s stacked full of sugar – that is, calories – it’s super-easy to drink it without even thinking about it. You’d need to jog for a mile to use up the calories from just one unit of alcohol – that’s a small glass of wine, half a pint of beer or a measure of spirits.9. Black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, dried peas, and soy beans are all good sources of protein and calories. A delightful snack is easy to make by placing beans and cheese on a tortilla; roll it up, and microwave until it’s hot, enjoy.
About the Author
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on natural weight loss, low fat diet weight loss.