8 Ultimate Tips to Get a Flat Stomach
Article by Caizechong
The thing to realize about stubborn belly fat is that it reacts slightly differently to your training than regular body fat does, making it harder to mobile and burn off. The fact is if you want to lose that extra weight you have to remain active, have a healthy balance meals and a healthy lifestyle. By eating the right kinds of food you may be able to trim down those excess fats and coupled with some proven exercise tips to lose belly fat you are on your way to a healthier body and flat abs.
1. Moving on to your weight lifting workout, be sure you’re lifting as heavy as you can. Many individuals make the mistake of thinking that they should be using a light weight and lifting in a higher rep range however this isn’t quite the case. Using a heavier weight is going to boost your overall metabolic rate much more, leading to greater fat loss.
2. The key to finding foods that help you lose belly fat is to find foods that are high in fiber and protein and low in carbohydrates, sugars and fat. Fiber helps to keep your digestive system moving smoothly, and protein helps to fill you up so that you eat less. The less you eat calorie-wise, the faster you will lose weight. Because visceral abdominal fat is easier to lose than subcutaneous fat, your belly fat will be the first thing to go, giving you a flatter looking tummy.
3. You need to avoid eating junk and processed food. These foods contain high levels of sugar, fat, refined carbohydrates, salt and empty calories. Their content increases your blood sugar and will lessen fat burning capabilities slowing down your metabolism. These foods can also make you feel hungrier and set up cravings for more, exceeding your daily calorie intake. You also need to sacrifice your favorite comfort food like candies, chips, corn chips, cookies and cakes to effectively lose belly fat.
4. The Plank is a core exercise that strengthens and tightens the abdominal muscles, as well as the back and the lower back muscles. The position; push up pose, forearms and toes are the ones only touching the ground. Hold this pose for 6 counts or until you can tolerate holding this pose. Then slowly go down and repeat the pose 3 times.
5. Another important thing to be doing with your diet is limiting the amount of carbohydrates you consume. Carbohydrates will cause the blood sugar levels to go up and when these crash you’ll be left hungry once again.
6. Beans are probably one of the best foods that you can eat to lose belly fat. They are extremely high in fiber and are also packed with protein. For instance, just one regular size can of black beans packs a whopping 25 grams each of protein and fiber.
7. You need to minimize alcohol consumption. Alcohol has no nutrients and adds more calories and contributes to body fat. The calories consumed while drinking beer are more likely to be stored as fat in the belly. If alcohol plays a huge part in your social life you may need to look at lessening your intake or cutting it out completely. Switch to diet sodas if need be.
8. Abs crunch with stability ball – This core exercise let’s you target and isolates the abs muscles for a more precise muscle workout. However if you do not have a stability ball you can put your legs on a sturdy chair and do the crunch. Do the crunch for 12 counts and repeat for 3 times.
About the Author
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on how to lose belly fat, weight loss tips.