8 Lose Weight The Healthy Way For Teenagers
Article by Charles Zoe
It may feel pretty lonely out there when everyone you know is trying to shed pounds and you are trying to put some on. Your body uses food for energy. It stores any excess energy as fat. This means if you eat more food than your body needs for daily activities and cell maintenance, you’ll gain weight. Dieting to reduce weight is not recommended until growth (including internal physical development) has ceased, usually around the age of 18. If you are younger than this, and very overweight, your doctor can help you by putting you in contact with a dietician who will create a healthy eating plan to allow growth to continue but prevent further weight gain. “Dieting” may also lead to poor intakes of folic acid and iron. Both these nutrients help to prevent anemia, a condition which leads to constant tiredness as well as impaired intellectual performance. If you lead a busy life at school, with exams, sports and so on, you can’t afford to suffer from the ill-effects of anemia!
Here are a couple of small suggestions to improve your daily diet and help maintain a healthy weight. Small changes can make a big difference. One extra biscuit a week can lead you to gain 5lb a year – cut that biscuit out of your diet and you’ll lose the same amount.
1. Try different ethnic cuisines to give yourself a taste treat while trying to lose weight. Many ethnic cuisines offer lots of low-fat, low-kilojoule choices.
2. The carbohydrates found in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, infuse energy and nutrients into your daily diet. The USDA recommends that our daily diet include lots of grains and cereals; and that at least three servings a day are from whole gain breads, cereals, or and pastas. Whole grain carbohydrates provide calories, fiber, nutrients, and some protein in a healthy diet.
3. No chocolate or biscuits in the week, choose healthy snacks such as fruit, trim all fat from meat, eat no fried or fast food.
4. Mention avocados and most people will tell you that these fruits are laden with fat and should be avoided by anyone trying to lose weight. But this isn’t necessarily true.
5. Eating fish, nuts, and even seeds, routinely throughout the week will provide you with needed healthy fat and calories. Because red meat has a high saturated fat content, meals of this type would best be limited to one or two times a week. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
6. If you’re keen on losing weight, it may be well worth your while to start stocking up on low-fat milk and yoghurt. Research shows it may assist in helping you shake centimetres.
7. Fruits supply plentiful vitamins as well as phytochemicals which may possibly help prevent heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Avocados are relatively high in calories, rich in monounsaturated fat, vitamin B and fiber. Bananas are also relatively high in calories, and can add an interesting taste to your morning cereal, or to a lunchtime peanut butter on whole wheat sandwich. Dried fruits can be used as healthy, high calorie snacks.
8. No matter if you hate gyms – even light exercise, such as a short 20 minute walk, will be beneficial if done most days of the week.
About the Author
Author is an online researcher on natural weight loss. Nutritionist. Click read more on natural weight loss, tips to lose weight.
- Quick weight loss exercises used with HCG diet meal plan
- Yoga Exercises to Flatten Stomach : Yoga Exercises to Flatten Stomach: All Fours Knee-to-Nose
- Parkinson’s Disease: Changing Symptoms With Changing Stages
- Yoga Exercises that Help to Improve Digestion
- Dahn Yoga Helps Relieve Arthritis and Other Health Issues